Friday, April 11, 2008

Update.....

Sorry for the late update.

Delaney's procedure was long & hard on all of us, especially her.

But she seems to be back to her normal chatty, sassy self.

She was, however, diagnosed with Kidney Reflux on both sides. :(

Her left side is a Level 2 and her right side is a level 3.

Level 5 being the worse, level 4 and 5 go straight to surgery.

Delaney will not go straight to surgery but will have to

take an antibiotic each day for at least a year to see if time

will help dissipate to Kidney Reflux.

She will be monitored by ultrasound throughout the year to

make sure there isn't any damage to her kidneys.

And sadly, she will have this procedure done again next year.

We have an appointment with the Pediatric Urologist

at Yale to see what our next step will be.

Thank you for all the wonderful comments, thoughts, and prayers.

They meant the world to us.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nana & Papa Love you Sooooo much. We Love you to Mitchell Soooo much.

The Palovchik's said...

Colleen I am so sorry to hear this news. I will keep you guys in my prayers. Delaney is a very lucky little girl to have a Mommy as strong and loving as you are to help get her through this. Keep smiling and know that you are loved by all your family and friends. Lots of hugs and kisses to Miss Delaney....

Chelle said...

We're sending love and hugs your way!

Chelle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
mnmommy said...

Oh, little sweetie. We send you big hugs and wishes for quick healing. Sorry you've all had to go through such a rough time. You deserved to play hooky!

Anonymous said...

Poor little pumpkin....my heart broke when I read this. I'm sure Delaney will be fine and things will correct themselves over time. Strangely, I've heard of a few cases of this recently. I also think Brookie had a lesser case of this. I'm glad to see by the aquarium pictures that she quickly rebounded...such a sweetie! Hope to see you all soon...we miss you!
Love, Auntie J...aka the lurker...

Anonymous said...

OMG! I almost cried when I saw this! Sorry I am late but I had not idea. Love, kisses, and all our well wishes to you, sweet little Delaney.

Anonymous said...

Aunt Jill says Again sorry I read this so late. But I'm glad that I got to see Delaney lately and she seems to be back to her happy self. Love you Delaney.

Elementary Design said...

Colleen~Sorry I'm late on this, I was catching up on your posts. So sorry to hear about Delaney's procedure. I hope this antibodic regimen will help! We will be keeping her in our thoughts and prayers!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~The Lives of Our Twins